Jukka Eskola Orquesta BossaAlbum
|Jukka Eskola Orquesta Bossa
|CD / LP (+CD)
|Villa Lill Kallvik, Helsinki
|jazz, bossa nova
The debut album of the nine-piece band (Jukka Eskola Quintet + Proton String Quartet). The album was released in Japan in May 2013 and in Finland on the 4th of September. The album was distributed by Töölön Musiikkitukku Ltd.
One of the the country's leading trumpeters, Jukka Eskola, presents his new ensemble with this album. Jukka Eskola Orquesta Bossa consists of his own quintet, which is backed by strings, namely Proton String Quartet. The band plays mainly new compositions by the leading man himself, but also drummer Teppo Mäkynen's hand shows in a a number of the album's pieces.
Orquesta Bossa respects the bossa nova tradition, while the compositions have a strong intake on their own. In addition to original tracks, the album features i.e. a Japanese vocal version of Ville Leinonen's song "Wien". Eskola has proven hugely popular in Japan, so much so that the Japanese record label Zounds released the album already in May 2013, while the its publication in Europe on the Italian Schema label took place five months later.
- Bolly BeatJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen
- And The Days Passed ByJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen
- TensionsJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen
- Chester-Le-StreetJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen
- Matrha's MomentJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen
- From The Hot AfternoonMilton Nascimento
- WienVille Leinonen
- Siam SquareJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen
- Ricky-TickJukka Eskola, Teppo Mäkynen