Next of KinAlbum
Design: Marja Konttinen
Next of Kin is the third album by Jarmo Saari Solu. The music was composed for a dance piece of the same title by choreographer Tero Saarinen.
In his characteristic way, multi-instrumentalist Saari has created the music by using both traditional and unusual musical and everyday objects, such as toys and dishes. The creative process spanned roughly two years and the compositions came into being in interaction with the dance choreography.
Saari describes Next of Kin as "a hallucinatory journey into the collective unconscious and a quest to discover the roots of our fears."
- Inner Demons (Glass Prologue)Jarmo Saari
- Mad NestJarmo Saari
- Black ForestJarmo Saari
- Gallery of CharactersJarmo Saari
- Waltz of SorrowJarmo Saari
- Strand of SolitudeJarmo Saari
- Primal DreamJarmo Saari
- Horror PortraitJarmo Saari
- Frantic SeekerJarmo Saari
- LamentJarmo Saari
- Pedal HeavenJarmo Saari
- TurmoilJarmo Saari
- Alternative Path (Glass Epilogue)Jarmo Saari