To The StarsAlbum
Originally assembled around Alexi Tuomarila, on their second album To the Stars Lithium is an equal band, with all members having been involved in the production of the new material. The top quartet, which moved from the Dutch Challenge Records to Eclipse Music, received saxophonist Gianni Gagliard as an international star guest. As a logical continuation of the first album Red, Lithium’s style is heavily American-influenced, modern Nordic jazz.
Lithium's music draws from many different genres, which are shaped by Alexi Tuomarila, Andre Fernandes, Jonne Taavitsainen and Joonas Tuuri into one big, strong sound. The album was recorded at the Timbuktu Studio in Lisbon before corona hit, and the release of the album has been delayed a couple of times due to the pandemic.
The pre-released singles from the album Narrow Passage, Side Effect and the title track To The Stars achieved significant international playlist spots on Spotify (including Jazz X-press and All New Jazz).
- To The Stars(Jonne Taavitsainen ja Alexi Tuomarila)
- Narrow Passage(Joonas Tuuri)
- Warp1(Jonne Taavitsainen ja Alexi Tuomarila)
- Side Effect(Alexi Tuomarila)
- Red Giant(Jonne Taavitsainen)
- Radio Beat(Andre Fernandes)
- Warp2(Jonne Taavitsainen ja Alexi Tuomarila)
- Highway madness(Joonas Tuuri)