The competition looks forward to creating a complex, professional context in which bands have the opportunity to perform in front of a large audience and to enter a network that will help them build up their music career. Moreover, there are some exciting prizes that await the winners, some of which include the chance to perform at the Jazz in the Park Festival in June 25-28, 2020.
Useful things to know before applying:
- The competition is addressed to young jazz bands. This means the members of the registered bands must be aged 16-35 at the time of the Jazz in the Park Competition (May 1, 2020). By way of exception, one band member may be older than 35.
- The band needs to have at least two members.
- All jazz subgenres are accepted.
- The official rules of the competition can be found on jazzinthepark.ro/competition/rules.
- The application deadline is February 29, 2020.
- For more info and to apply: www.jazzinthepark.ro/competition/
Just like last year, there will be 15 bands selected to perform in the finals, and they will be evaluated by an international jury. All the information needed can be found on the official Jazz in the Park website.