Some Kubricks of BloodAlbum
Some Kubricks of Blood is the first recording of K-18, a quartet led by the Finnish quitarist Kalle Kalima, who has for several years been based in Berlin.
With this recording, Kalle Kalima, who is known for his works with the likes of Marc Ducret, Linda Sharrock, Sirone, Tomasz Stanko, Simon Stockhausen and Jimi Tenor as well aswith three different trios (Klima Kalima, Johnny La Marama, Momentum Impakto) led by him in the past few years has crafted an unique album inspired by the work of the famous director Stanley Kubrick.
Featured with K-18 are also saxophonist Mikko Innanen, bassist Teppo Hauta-aho and accordionist Veli Kujala, whose quarter-tone accordion provides the music much of its unique atmosphere. The quartet's uncompromising approach to improvisation and remarkable sense of unity creates a sonic entity well suited for representing the moody and immensely surprising world of Kubrick.
Some Kubricks of Blood was nominated for the Emma Awards as the Best Finnish Jazz Recording of the Year in 2009.
- Overlook Hotelsäv. Kalle Kalima
- Hal 9000säv. Kalle Kalima
- Room 237säv. Kalle Kalima
- Overlook Barsäv. Kalle Kalima
- Korova Milk Barsäv. Kalle Kalima
- Parris Islandsäv. Kalle Kalima
- Dugan Manor Housesäv. Kalle Kalima, Teppo Hauta-Aho
- Earth Light Roomsäv. Kalle Kalima
- Shiningsäv. Kalle Kalima