Conclusions can be seen to reflect the long career of the Finnish tenor saxophone giant Juhani Aaltonen through ten new compositions by the members of the quartet that includes pianist/harpist Iro Haarla, bass player Ulf Krokfors and drummer Reino Laine, who are all mature masters in their own instrument.
A staple on the Nordic jazz scene for five decades, Aaltonen was deeply inspired by John Coltrane's legendary concerts in Helsinki in the early 1960's but has long since developed a sound and concept fully his own. With the recently formed Juhani Aaltonen Quartet, Aaltonen has re-connected with musicians representing a link to different phases in his career.
On Conclusions, Aaltonen takes stock of his musical past. Although his music moves to a new, more reflective level with this quartet, it still always places a strong accent on free improvisation. The album offers a persuasive argument in support of the contention that Juhani Aaltonen is stronger than ever.
- Shimmer of Fallen Starssäv. Iro Haarla
- Rondasäv. Juhani Aaltonen
- Rautapallosäv. Ulf Krokfors
- Blessingsäv. Iro Haarla
- Good Old Timessäv. Juhani Aaltonen
- Agapesäv. Iro Haarla
- Never Ending Seasäv. Ulf Krokfors
- Consolationsäv. Juhani Aaltonen
- Reflectionssäv. Juhani Aaltonen
- Ice Breakingsäv. Iro Haarla